What is migraine
• Migraine headache occurs in episodes. In adults, it can take 4-72 hours
• One half of the head usually localized, but may be bilateral. Pain spreads starting from the nape of the neck or around the eye. Is often throbbing feature.
• There may be moderate or severe pain intensity and increase physical activity. Restrict or prevent the person to continue their daily activities.
• Nausea and / or vomiting happens. Light, sound and smell disorders accompanied by pain
• 80-85% of migraine headaches without aura and migraine with aura creates 10-15%. Aura, a slow period in minutes before the headache pain episodes developed (5-20 min), and the transient focal neurological symptoms disappeared in less than 60 minutes.
• Aura symptoms, visual, sensory, motor, includes language and brainstem disorders.
• Migraine attacks from pre pain (prodromal) or after (postdro I) may have some behavioral and mental status changes during the period.
• without aura and aura outside the migraine, often migraine premise of childhood periodic syndromes, retinal migraine and migraine complications (chronic migraine-15 day / attacks on the moon, migraine statue-72 hours of long-lasting pain) are also less common migraine types such.
• Chronic migraine IHS classification is defined in the last 3 months with at least 8 days, including migraine headache more than 15 days per month